B.V.Sc. & A.H.
A candidate shall not be admitted to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course unless:
- He/she has completed the age of 17 years on or before the 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year of B.V.Sc. & A.H. course.
- He/she has passed the qualifying examination as defined under these Regulations with the subjects of Physics, Chemistry. Biology and English as core course and obtained marks as specified under Regulations Part III (7) or an examination equivalent to intermediate Science examination of an Indian University/Board recognized by the Association of Indian Universities taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology including a practical test in each of these subjects and English.
Selection of the Students :
- The selection of students for admission to B.V.Sc. & AH. Degree Course shall only be on the basis of merit through a RPVT competitive entrance examination. NOTE: To be eligible for competitive entrance examination, candidate must have passed any of the qualifying examinations as enumerated under the head, “Admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. Degree Course* at Part III (6) above.
- A candidate under General Category for admission to the B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course must have passed in each of subjects of English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, and obtained 50% marks In aggregate of these subjects, at the qualifying examination. Admission of students to B.V.Sc.& A.H. degree course shall be made only on the basis of his/her merit in the competitive entrance examination. No other merit/weightage shall be for admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course.
- In respect of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes/ the Scheduled Tribes or other special category of students as specified by the Government from time to time, marks required for admission shall be 10% less than that prescribed for general category. Where the seats reserved for the Scheduled Caste and the Scheduled Tribes students in any State cannot be filled for want of requisite number of candidates fulfilling the minimum requir prescribed from that State, then such vacancies shall be filled up on all India basis with students belonging to the Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes getting not less than the minimum prescribed pass percentage.
- The students educated abroad seeking admission into veterinary colleges in India, must have passed the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English up to the 12th Standard level with 50% marks in the individual subjects.
- Sponsored candidates shall have to qualify the admission procedures as laid down for the students under General category.
- Admission of candidates to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course under bilateral exchange programme shall be regulated by Veterinary Council of India.
- 15% of the total number of seats of each veterinary college shall be reserved to be filled on an All India basis through Common Entrance Examination (All India Pre-veterinary Test) to be conducted by the Veterinary Council of India.
- The candidates selected through this examination shall be admitted in various veterinary colleges as per the eligibility criteria prescribed in these regulations only and the last date for reporting of these candidates to the allotted University/Veterinary Institution shall be 31st August of that year irrespective of the closing date of admission of that University/Veterinary Institution for that year, if earlier
- A candidate shall not be allowed admission to B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree course including those admitted under 15% reserved quota of Veterinary Council of India if he/she suffers disabilities in physical fitness as listed below:
- disability of total body Including disability of chest/spine more than 50%
- disability of lower limb of more than 50%
- disability of upper limb, visually handicapped candidates and those with hearing disability
- candidates with progressive diseases like myopathies etc.
- disabilities which otherwise would interfere in the performance of the duties of a veterinarian.
- The disability should be certified by a duly constituted and authorised Medical Board comprising of at least three specialists out of which two should be of the specialty concerned and the candidate has to present him/her- self before the Medical Board. The last valid disability certificate of the candidate from a Medical Board should not be more than three months old from the date of submitting his/her certificate for disabled candidates.
Admission of Students :
- Notification for admission to the B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree Course in constituent and affiliated College(s) of Veterinary and Animal Science of this University will be invited on line in each year in the month of June-July.
- The candidate must have studied for last three years of qualifying examination continuously as a regular candidate in a recognized Institution in Rajasthan.
- Natural Father/Mother of the candidate has been continuously residing in Rajasthan for a period of last 10 years and the candidate has studied for at least 5 years during this period in a recognized educational institution in Rajasthan.
- The candidate must be a bona fide resident of Rajasthan. He / She may be presently studying in any of the states other than Rajasthan.
- The candidate is a son/daughter of serving or retired employee of (a) Govt. of Rajasthan including Officer of All India Services Born on the State Cadre of Rajasthan (b) Undertaking Corporation/Improvement Trust / Municipal Bodies duly constituted by the Government of Rajasthan by an act of Law or (c ) any of the Universities in Rajasthan or Secondary Board of Education, Rajasthan provided that employee has worked in Rajasthan for three years preceding the last date of submission of the application.
- Candidate is a son /daughter of a permanent or retired employee of State Cadre of Rajasthan or Indian Defence Service and the employee is either of Rajasthan Origin irrespective of his place of posting or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of the application for admission provided that in case the defense personnel is of the Rajasthan origin, a certificate has to be submitted by him from the employer to the effect that his state of origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry in to service.
- Candidate is a son / daughter of permanent (serving/retired) employee of Para-Military forces of India and The employee is either of Rajasthan origin irrespective of his place of posting or is posted in Rajasthan at the time of last date of application for admission provided that in case of Para-Military personnel from the Rajasthan origin. A certificate has to be submitted by him from the employer to the effect that his state of origin is Rajasthan at the time of his entry in to service.
- Candidate is a son/daughter of a judge of Rajasthan High court subjected to that He / She submits an undertaking / affidavit stating that such benefit is not claimed or availed by him in any state.
- The relevant certificates which are the basis of eligibility of the candidate will have to be furnished by the candidate at the time of reporting counselling in the college.
- The residence certificate wherever required will have to be duly signed by the district magistrate of the concerned district.
- In case of serving personnel, where service conditions have resulted in to eligibility, a certificate of the employer will have to be submitted by the candidate.
- The candidate must have passed B.V.Sc. & A.H. degree examination of RAJUVAS, Bikaner, or an examination declared equivalent to it with not less than 6.00/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage (i.e. 60%) of marks for general category candidates and 5.50/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage (i.e. 55%) of marks for OBC/SC/ST/ category candidates.
- The following categories are exempted from appearing a Pre-PG Test for admission to M.V.Sc. :
- Seats reserved under ICAR nominee
- Candidates who have qualified for JRF of ICAR/foreign nationals sponsored by ICAR/GOI
- Field extension functionaries deputed by Government of Rajasthan
- In-service candidates of RAJUVAS and/ or considered as “in the service of the university” by the university. However, they will be required to fulfil academic qualifications
- The reservation of seats for SC/ST/OBC/PH and others will be as per rules of Government of Rajasthan as applicable to Rajasthan University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner
- Reservation quota is determined on the basis of combined intake in all subjects of the faculty and not subject wise following the roster system. Subject choice will be given on the basis of his/her order of choice and position in the roster
Ph.D. Degree Programmes
The candidate must have passed Master’s degree in respective/related subjects from RAJUVAS, Bikaner, or an examination declared equivalent to it with not less than 6.50/10 or equivalent OGOPA/equivalent percentage of marks for general category candidates and 6.0/10 or equivalent OGPA/equivalent percentage of marks for SC/ST/PH category candidates. For Animal Biotechnology the candidate having degree of M.V.Sc. in Veterinary Microbiology/Veterinary Biochemistry/Physiology and Biochemistry/Animal Genetics and Breeding/Obstetrics and Gynaecology/Animal Nutrition or M.Sc./ M.Tech in Animal Biotechnology/Biotechnology will be eligible.
All eligible candidates called shall be interviewed by a committee constituted by the Dean of the College under his Chairmanship, which shall prepare the merit lists for admission in each subject on the basis of marks given below :-
|Bacheloru2019s degree examination result
|Master degree examination result
|Experience (Teaching/Research/Extensiont10 marks @ two marks/year)
- Merit determined on the above basis is for purpose of admission only and it shall not be considered for the award of fellowship.
- While determining the merit extra courses taken to make up the grades and the period spent on scholastic probation will also be considered.
- Experience will be counted only after completion of Master’s degree.
- The University may admit students based on the merit of entrance examination or merit at Bachelor’s /Master’s level or a combination of both.
- The reservation of seats will be made as per the relevant policy/rules of the state Government at the time of admission.
- For detailed rules about admission Post Graduate Regulation 2011 (particularly section 3 and 22 ) available on University website should be seen and for any clarification proper University authorities should be contacted.
- The candidates are supposed to see University website for any information regarding admission/eligibility etc. and report for counseling on scheduled date and time as they shall not be informed individually.
- All Candidates who are serving in government job are required to present NOC at the time of interview failing which their candidature shall not be considered.
The reservation of seats will be made as per the relevant policy/rules of the State Government at the time of admission.
For detailed rules about admission proper university authorities should be contacted.
Animal Husbandry Diploma
Admissions shall be done on merit drawn on the basis of marks of Senior Secondary (10+2) or equivalent passed from the Rajasthan Board of Secondary Education or CBSE or equivalent from any recognized institute with the following optional subjects: (a). Physics, chemistry and biology, OR (b) Agriculture stream subjects (with Biology as one of the optional subjects).
- Candidates who have passed Old pattern Higher Secondary or new pattern senior secondary examination in the above mentioned subjects, conducted by Open school/board approved by the Education Department of Govt. of Raj. shall also be eligible.
- Equivalence of any qualification shall be drawn and decided by the university, which shall be final and binding. Candidates not fulfilling minimum eligibility criteria in terms of qualifications, age, domicile etc. shall be dropped from the course and their admissions shall stand cancelled, as and when detected.
- For State seats, candidates, who are bonafide residents of Rajasthan State (having Domicile certificate from the competent authority) and having the qualifications as mentioned above shall be admitted by merit-cum- reservation.
- For deciding merit of those candidates, who have passed the qualifying examination through supplementary, only minimum pass marks in those supplementary subject(s) shall be considered in the total of marks obtained.
- Provisional merit list shall be drawn on the basis of information provided in the application form.
- Information provided by the candidate shall be verifiable from original documents at the time of admission and thereafter, during and after the course. Any information found incorrect on verification shall render the candidate disqualified on account of misinformation and shall forfeit the right of admission, study and examinations, which ever is applicable. Decision of the competent authority in the matter shall be binding and final.
- He/she has attained or will attain the age of seventeen (17) years as on the 31st December of year of admission. Maximum age limit prescribed is 28 years as on 31st December of year of admission.
- There is a provision of upper age limit relaxation of 5 years in case of boys of SC, ST, OBC & SBC and girls of general category and 10 years for Girls of SC, ST, OBC &SBC categories.
- After closure of admissions, candidates shall not be allowed to change the institute during the period of the course programme under any circumstances including existence of vacancies at any institute