Rain Water Harvesting Model of RAJUVAS
Necessity:– Bikaner has an annual rainfall of around 250 mm which falls short of requirements.
The main campus of RAJUVAS is spread over 63000 Sqm. of area. The annual rain water availability in the campus is expected to be around 95.00 lac liters. RAJUVAS was thinking of utilizing rainfall to enhance its green cover. Efforts were initiated very humbly to divert flowing water on its roads to green beds by the side of roads. After establishment of the University, plan was prepared to harvest rain water from the roofs of buildings, roads, water coming in the campus from outside and even rain water collecting around its boundaries.
Layout of rain water harvesting system:
Type 1: Harvesting rain water from buildings:– To collect rain water 5 RCC underground water tanks with total capacity of 9.5 lac liters have been constructed at different locations in the RAJUVAS campus. Out of these, 3 tanks are of 2.5 lac liters capacity each and 2 tanks with 1.0 lac liters each capacity, totaling to 9.5 lac liters. Surface and roof top rain water is collected in these tanks through pipe and chamber system. Collected water, after filtration, is stored in these tanks and over flow/surplus water is carried to the existing open dry well located within the campus and in two newly constructed soakage wells. It is expected that around 68.00 lac liters of rain water per annum shall be there for underground recharging. Simultaneously, RAJUVAS shall be able to utilize around 30 lac liters of water for drinking and other purposes. Complete system, including RCC underground tanks, chambers and pipe line system, filters and soakage wells have been constructed. The system is ready for collection of surface rain water and roof top rain water from existing buildings. The system is constructed is such a way that roof top water from any other building can also be carried to the main system. At present 5 building are connected to the main system in the first phase. Remaining buildings of the campus will be connected in second phase very shortly. The schematic diagram showing complete rain water harvesting system of RAJUVAS campus is enclosed for kind perusal.
Type 2: Harvesting of road surface rain water:– For this purpose, Toe walls along the sides of roads were built providing around a meter space between road and toe wall. This space was covered by cement blocks fixed on sand. The road as well as blocks provided ample slope to allow water to collect along the toe wall. Since, cement blocks have been fixed over sand, space between blocks (1-2 mm) allowed water to percolate into sand. Toe wail v/as punctured at appropriate places and GI pipes fitted in the hole across the toe wall. Excess water along toe walls was allowed through these pipes to the greenery bed providing sufficient water to plants and excess to be percolated in to the earth. The schematic diagram showing this type of water harvesting is enclosed for kind perusal.
Type 3: Harvesting of rain water accumulated at road junction out side boundary wall of RAJUVAS:– The boundary on the corner of hostel premises at Chaudhary Bhimsen Circle used to have around half a meter deep accumulation of rain water. This accumulated water used to disrupt the traffic at this busy square and leading to damage to NH 11. RAJUVAS thought it proper to harvest this rain water into our own land across the boundary wall. At three places, Hume pipes of 6” diameter were placed across the wall. Land near the boundary was dressed in a way that its level remains more than 1 feet lower than the road side level. This allowed water to flow into our campus and absorbed by soil. Now we have planned to develop a green belt at this point so that plants get many times more water. The schematic diagram showing this type of water harvesting is enclosed for kind perusal.
NEWS & UPDATES View All
- राजुवास व इससे संबद्ध महाविध्यालयों मे 72वां स्वाधीनता दिवस समारोह आयोजित
- राजुवास अकादमिक परिषद् की बैठक शनिवार को
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर में माननीय कुलपति महोदय का स्वागत समारोह
- आर.पी.वी.टी.-2018 वेटरनरी काॅलेज के प्रथम वर्ष में प्रवेश के लिए आॅनलाइन कांउसलिंग रजिस्ट्रेशन 16 अगस्त से शुरू
- 72वां स्वाधीनता दिवस समारोह वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय में ध्वजारोहण और समारोह प्रातः 7ः30 बजे शुरू होगा
- शहादत को सलाम“ कार्यक्रम के लिए राजुवास में वाहन सुविधा सुलभ
- प्रो. (डाॅ.) विष्णु शर्मा वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय बीकानेर के कुलपति नियुक्त
- राजुवास में आपदा प्रतिषाद बल के जवानों का पशुओं को आग से बचाने का हुआ डेमो
- यू.जी.सी. से राजुवास को 12-बी में अधिस्वीकरण: निरीक्षण दल द्वारा दूसरे दिन पशुधन अनुसंधान केन्द्रों का निरीक्षण और छात्र, कर्मचारियों व शिक्षकों से किया संवाद
- राजुवास को 12-बी में अधिस्वीकरण के लिए विश्वद्यालय अनुदान आयोग के निरीक्षण दल ने राजुवास के कार्यालयों, काॅलेज विभागों का किया अवलोकन
- राजुवास व इससे संबद्ध विभिन्न इकाइयों मे विभिन्न प्रकार के कार्यों हेतु निविदा ( अंतिम तिथि: 10/09/2018)
- पशुधन अनुसंधान केन्द्र, कोडमदेसर मे साहीवल/कांकरेज नस्ल की गाय/बछड़े/बछड़ियाँ बुक वैल्यू पर उपलब्ध
- Corrigendum : Limited Tender for Innova Ac Car at CVAS, Navania, Udipur (Last date: 04/08/2018)
- Limited Tender for Animal Medicine at AICRP-G, CVAS Bikaner (Last Date: 08/08/2018)
- Limited Tender for Syntex Tank 5000 Litre at CVAS, Navania, Udaipur (Last date: 04/08/2018)
- Tender for “Issue Homogenizer” at PGIVER, Jaipur (Last Date: 07/08/2018)
- limited Tender for Chemicals at CVAS Navania, Udaipur (Last Date: 30/07/2018)
- Limited Tender for Horizontal Motor 7.5 Hp at CVAS, Navania, Udaipur (Last Date: 23/07/2018)
- Corrigendum : E-Tender for ‘Lab and Farm Equipment (Veterinary Hospital Equipment) at PGIVER, Jaipur (Last date: 31/08/2018)
- Corregendum : Tender of PACS for Diagnostic Imaging at DIMSCA, RAJUVAS, Bikaner (Last Date: 16/07/2018)
- Work Order for work through JCB Machine at CVAS Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Bhati Const. Co. for Repairing work in Residential Building at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Dal Chand Nagda for Construction / Repairing work at Bojunda, Chittorgarh & CVAS, Navania, Udaipur
- Work Order to M/s Pragati India Associates for Construction work of VUTRC Building at Avikanagar, Tonk
- Work Order to M/s Jasoal Builders Construction Company for Balance work at VUTRC, Sirohi
- Work Order to Thermo Fisher Scientific India Pvt. Ltd. for Triple Gas Chromalagrophy Mass Spectrometer (TQ GC Ms/MS)
- Woek Order to M/s Shree ji Ent. & Jhalak Medical Agency for Poultry Feed
- Work Order to M/s J.P.S. Construction Company for Remaining work of VUTRC at Jhunjhunu
- Work Order to M/s Vijayvargiye DJ & Tent House for tentage work at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Nav Nirman Const. Co. for various Types of work