Directorate of Research governs the research activities at Seven Livestock Research Stations located at Chandan (Jaisalmer), Nohar (Hanumangarh), Beechwal (Bikaner), Navania (Vallabhnagar), Bojunda (Chittorgarah), Kodamdesar (Bikaner) and CVAS, Bikaner, Institutional as well as project research in different disciplines at College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner, Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary Education and Research Jaipur and Apex Centre, Bikaner. Four types of research works are being conducted at Rajasthan University ofVeterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner are Farm Based Research, Field Based Research, Institutional Research and Students’ Research.
Livestock Research Station, CVAS, Bikaner
Livestock Research Station, Bikaner is functioning at College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner, and engaged with two research projects namely "Evaluation and improvement of Rathi cattle through breeding" and "Establishment of Rathi cattle breeding farm" under RKVY. The herd strength of pure bred Rathi cattle is about 282 with crossbred Rathi cattle of about 148 animals. The conservation and improvement work on the above two breeds were undertaken at the station. The improved germplasm is also distributed to non governmental organizations, gaushalas and individual breeders under technology transfer programme. During the financial year 2013-14 an income of Rs.58,07,460.00 have been generated through sale of milk, animals, farm yard manure, vermicompost and other misc. resources.
Apex Centre, Bikaner
Institutional Research at CVAS, Bikaner
Livestock Research Station, Beechwal (Bikaner)
Livestock Research Station, Beechwal is situated about 12 km from Bikaner city with a total area of 459 Bigha land under its possession. One research project namely “Enhancing mutton productivity in Marwari sheep under arid conditions” is being run under initial amount of Rs.4 lacs revolving fund. Total number of Marwari sheep under this project is 145. About 120 Tharparkar cattle of research project “Establishment of Tharparkar cattle breeding farm” are being maintained at this station as a associated herd of Tharparkar cattle beside Livestock Research Station, Chandan. This station has also distributed about 26 animals to Gaushalas and Gram Panchayats. The station is also engaged in crop and seed production for which two water reservoirs were constructed for irrigation of crops at the station. The farm is having two diggies of one core and sixty lacs liter capacity covering an irrigated area of 40 hectares. The farm is also having green house and polyhouse. The trials of fodder crops are executed regularly on different fodder crops such as sorghum, bajra, chinnese cabbage, oat, lucerne and maize. During financial year 2013-14 this station has generated a total income of Rs.36,31,996.00 through crop and seed production, sale of milk & animals and other miscellaneous sources.
Livestock Research Station, Kodamdesar (Bikaner)
Livestock Research Station, Kodamdesar was established with a total area of land about 5175.25 Bigha. At present two research projects are being undertaken at this station namely “Conservation, evaluation and improvement of Sahiwal cattle” and “Conservation, evaluation and improvement of Kankrej cattle”. The work on conservation and improvement on both the cattle breeds is going on in full swing. The progressive breeders purchase cows and heifers at the time of auction and on book value. Male germplasm is also being provided to the NGOs and Gaushalas at free of cost. In the year 2013 -14 about 2 germplasms have been distributed. The herd strength of Kankrej cattle has increased from 346 to 461. Sewan grass based pasture development and green fodder production work has been started in 25 hectare area at the centre under RKVY Project. Further, a goat unit with a strength of 176 and a sheep unit with a strength of 241 are also maintained on farm under research programme. The total income of the station during year 2013-14 is Rs. 36,33,900.00 which is generated through crop production, sale of milk and miscellaneous sources.
Livestock Research Station Chandan (Jaisalmer)
The Livestock Research Station, Chandan has the largest area of about 18,473.90 Bigha and is situated 40 km from Jaisaimer city. This station is engaged in conservation, evaluation and improvement of Tharparker cattle. Two projects entitled “Evaluation, improvement and conservation of Tharparkar cattle” and “Establishment of Tharparkar cattle breeding farm (RKVY)” are being undertaken at the station. At present the station has 523 animals. Under technology transfer mandate the station has distributed 163 germplasms to State Department of Animal Husbandry, Gaushalas, Gram Panchayats, NGOs, other developmental agencies throughout the country. The progressive breeders purchased cows and heifers at the time of auction and on book value. Improved male germplasms are provided to above agencies at free of cost. Two-year diploma course on animal husbandry is also being run at this station beside research work. During financial year 2013-14 this station has earned an income of Rs.46.66 lacs from crop production, sale of milk, sale of animals and misc items.
Livestock Research Station, Vallabhanagar (Udaipur)
Livestock Research Station, Valiabhnagar is situated in district of Udaipur. This station is engaged in research project on “Mega sheep seed project” (Sonadi Sheep), All India Coordinated Research Project on Goat Improvement (Sirohi goat), Network Project on Buffalo Improvement (Surti Buffalo) and Establishment of Gir cattle breeding farm under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY). Herd strength of different projects are: 162 Gir, 7050 Sonadi sheep are registered under the project with 118 farmers, 1220 Sirohi goats are also registered under Field Unit. One hundred and twenty seven buffaloes are maintained under the “Network Project on Buffalo Improvement”. Further, 4451 Buffaloes of individual breeders are also registered under this project. The improved germplasm have been distributed to Gaushalas, Gram Panchayats, NGO, individual breeder and other developmental agencies. Total animals distributed were 58 Sonadi sheep and 28 Sirohi goats. Total income of Rs.10,87,895.00 is generated under the project “Establishment of Gir cattle breeding farm”. A total income of Rs.38,34,855.00 and Rs. 12,52,636.00 is earned under Sirohi goat project and Network Project on Buffalo improvement through sale of milk, sale of animals and semen doses, respectively
Livestock Research Station, Nohar (Hanumangarh)
The Livestock Research Station, Nohar is situated in the district of Hanumangarh with 253 Bigha of land under its possession. A project on “Conservation, evaluation and improvement of Rathi cattle through breeding” is being undertaken at this station. Beside this associated herd of research project “Rathi cattle breeding farm” under Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana is also being maintained at this station. Presently, the total herd strength of the station is 262 animals. Conservation and improvement work on Rathi cattle under the agro-climatic condition is undertaken at this station and about 34 improved germplasms were distributed to gaushalas, Gram Panchayats, NGOs, individual breeders and other developmental agencies during year 2013-14. Besides research a two year diploma course on animal husbandry (AHDP) is also being run at this station. The farm has generated about Rs.41,36,700.00 through crop production, sale of milk, and other misc. sources
Livestock Research Station, Bojunda (Chittorgarh)
Livestock Research Station, Bojunda, Chittorgarh is a newly sanctioned station in the year 2014 with an area of about 481 Bigha. ANMPS Project has been started at LRS, Chittorgarh and 300 goats of Sirohi breed has been purchased for conservation and improvement of the breed and improved bucks will be distributed to goat breeders. Fodder crop production is currently undertaken at the station for feeding of livestock and income generation of the station.
During the last five years a total number of2249 animals have been distributed to 1203 gaushalas, NGOs, panchayats, individual farmers and other agencies. Total number of breed-wise animal distributed during last five years were: Tharparkar and Rathi Bulls 173, Bull calves 247, Heifers 32 and adult Cows 21. Buffalo Bulls 12, Bull calves 33, Heifers 29 and female Buffaloes 41, Sheep 1366 and Goats 295.
Livestock Research Station, Dug (Jhalawar)
Livestock Research Station, Dug, Jhalawar is a newly established station in the year 2015 with an area of about 268.41 Bigha. RAJUVAS has started two years Animal Husbandry Diploma Program (AHDP) at LRS, Dug, Jhalawar from 17 Nov. 2015. 23 students have taken the admission in year 2015-16. Three Teaching Assistants have been appointed for this purpose.
Malvi Cattle Breeding Farm project has also been sanctioned at this station. Malvi Cattle has been purchased for conservation and improvement. Fodder crop production is currently undertaken at the station for feeding of livestock and income generation of the station.
Post Graduate Institute for Veterinary Education and Research (PGI-VER), Jaipur
College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Navania, Vallabhnagar (Udaipur)
NEWS & UPDATES View All
- राजुवास व इससे संबद्ध महाविध्यालयों मे 72वां स्वाधीनता दिवस समारोह आयोजित
- राजुवास अकादमिक परिषद् की बैठक शनिवार को
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर में माननीय कुलपति महोदय का स्वागत समारोह
- आर.पी.वी.टी.-2018 वेटरनरी काॅलेज के प्रथम वर्ष में प्रवेश के लिए आॅनलाइन कांउसलिंग रजिस्ट्रेशन 16 अगस्त से शुरू
- 72वां स्वाधीनता दिवस समारोह वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय में ध्वजारोहण और समारोह प्रातः 7ः30 बजे शुरू होगा
- शहादत को सलाम“ कार्यक्रम के लिए राजुवास में वाहन सुविधा सुलभ
- प्रो. (डाॅ.) विष्णु शर्मा वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय बीकानेर के कुलपति नियुक्त
- राजुवास में आपदा प्रतिषाद बल के जवानों का पशुओं को आग से बचाने का हुआ डेमो
- यू.जी.सी. से राजुवास को 12-बी में अधिस्वीकरण: निरीक्षण दल द्वारा दूसरे दिन पशुधन अनुसंधान केन्द्रों का निरीक्षण और छात्र, कर्मचारियों व शिक्षकों से किया संवाद
- राजुवास को 12-बी में अधिस्वीकरण के लिए विश्वद्यालय अनुदान आयोग के निरीक्षण दल ने राजुवास के कार्यालयों, काॅलेज विभागों का किया अवलोकन
- राजुवास व इससे संबद्ध विभिन्न इकाइयों मे विभिन्न प्रकार के कार्यों हेतु निविदा ( अंतिम तिथि: 10/09/2018)
- पशुधन अनुसंधान केन्द्र, कोडमदेसर मे साहीवल/कांकरेज नस्ल की गाय/बछड़े/बछड़ियाँ बुक वैल्यू पर उपलब्ध
- Corrigendum : Limited Tender for Innova Ac Car at CVAS, Navania, Udipur (Last date: 04/08/2018)
- Limited Tender for Animal Medicine at AICRP-G, CVAS Bikaner (Last Date: 08/08/2018)
- Limited Tender for Syntex Tank 5000 Litre at CVAS, Navania, Udaipur (Last date: 04/08/2018)
- Tender for “Issue Homogenizer” at PGIVER, Jaipur (Last Date: 07/08/2018)
- limited Tender for Chemicals at CVAS Navania, Udaipur (Last Date: 30/07/2018)
- Limited Tender for Horizontal Motor 7.5 Hp at CVAS, Navania, Udaipur (Last Date: 23/07/2018)
- Corrigendum : E-Tender for ‘Lab and Farm Equipment (Veterinary Hospital Equipment) at PGIVER, Jaipur (Last date: 31/08/2018)
- Corregendum : Tender of PACS for Diagnostic Imaging at DIMSCA, RAJUVAS, Bikaner (Last Date: 16/07/2018)
- Work Order for work through JCB Machine at CVAS Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Bhati Const. Co. for Repairing work in Residential Building at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Dal Chand Nagda for Construction / Repairing work at Bojunda, Chittorgarh & CVAS, Navania, Udaipur
- Work Order to M/s Pragati India Associates for Construction work of VUTRC Building at Avikanagar, Tonk
- Work Order to M/s Jasoal Builders Construction Company for Balance work at VUTRC, Sirohi
- Work Order to Thermo Fisher Scientific India Pvt. Ltd. for Triple Gas Chromalagrophy Mass Spectrometer (TQ GC Ms/MS)
- Woek Order to M/s Shree ji Ent. & Jhalak Medical Agency for Poultry Feed
- Work Order to M/s J.P.S. Construction Company for Remaining work of VUTRC at Jhunjhunu
- Work Order to M/s Vijayvargiye DJ & Tent House for tentage work at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Work Order to M/s Nav Nirman Const. Co. for various Types of work