Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) Research Projects
Establishment of Rathi Cattle Breeding Farm at Livestock Research Station, Bikaner and Nohar.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.K. Joshi, Professor (ABG), CVAS, Bikaner
Year of Start : 2008-09
Total Project Cost : 657.74 lac
Status : On going
Funds Received up to 2012-13 491.72 lac
Funds Allocation in 2013-14 100.00 lac
Progress of the Project:
1) Herd strength has been increased to 488 quality Rathi cattle (180 cows,175 female calves, 124 male calves, 07 bull and 02 bullock).
2) Main herd is maintained at LRS, Bikaner with strength of 257 quality Rathi animals comprising of 101 cows, 86 female calves,64 male calves, 04 bulls and 2 bullock and associated herd is maintained at LRS, Nohar (Hanumangarh) with herd strength of 231 animals comprising of 79 cows,89 female calves, 60 male calves and 3 bulls to speed up the achievements of objectives.
3) Total 131 prospective bulls/ bull calves have been distributed to Livestock owners and Goshalas.
4) Age at first calving in elite animals reduced up to 1150 from >5 yrs under field conditions.
5) Total 48 elite Rathi cows have been purchased and added to the herd.
6) Milk production in elite animals increased on an average by 235 liters per lactation(300 days) with peak lactation yield touching 5,000 lit/lactation of 300 days.
7) Green Fodder production programme has been started at LRS, Nohar.
8) On account of Rathi Cattle Breeding Farm at Nohar, the University could qualify for allocation of one KVK at Nohar (Hanumangarh) with 100% financing from ICAR,which is a great outcome of the project and now onwards, the university shall be better able to transfer the technologies to the farmers.
9) Green Fodder production programme has also been taken up at Nohar.
10) On account of value addition in terms of large Rathi herd at this station, the University has also started a Diploma in Animal husbandry Programme.
Establishment of Tharparkar Cattle Breeding Farm at Livestock Research Station, Chandan (Jaisalmer) and Livestock Research Station, Beechhwal (Bikaner).
Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.S. Pal, Associate Professor, LRS Chandan (Jaislmer)
Establishment of Kankrej Cattle Breeding Farm at Livestock Research Station, Kodamdesar, Bikaner.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. V.K. Chaudhary, Professor, Department of LPM
Establishment of Gir Cattle Breeding Farm at Livestock Research Station, Navania, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. C.S. Vaishanva
1. Starting Date and Year: 9th Oct., 2010
2. Objectives of the Project:
• To locate superior germ plasm of Gir cattle in breeding tracts by establishing a data base of Gir cattle in its breeding tract, which will include all information of the Gir breed and its performance in the area.
• To establish a herd of superior Gir cows to act as an open nucleus for the breed. As in case of Gir breed there is always a small number which give more than an average quantity of milk and by selecting bulls from this group, the milk production of the population could be progressively increased by further selection and breeding. When this is done in the interior of the breeding tracts, the bulls produced can be used in the outer areas so that Gir breed improvement may be brought about in the entire population.
• To increase the holdings of superior Gir cattle in breeding tract by conservation and distribution of superior Gir germplasm for exploiting ecological comparative advantage of Gir cattle in its native area. For this an aggressive strategy is to be adopted to remove the hurdles in sourcing and use of quality bulls for breeding.
• To propagate and awaken consciousness among the breeders for scientific breeding, development and preservation of Gir cattle, which would improve their (breeders’) socio-economic conditions.
• To improve the manage mental practices involved in rearing Gir cattle and handling of organic produce by replacing existing techniques with improved one exploring economic comparative advantage on sustainable basis.
3. Budget Allocated: 725 Lacs (Approx.)
• 75 adult milch pure bred animals have been purchased from native tract.
• Purchasing of equipments of semen lab is complete and the lab is in functioning order. Construction of cattle shed, Bull shed, calf shed, semen station, calving line, milking parlour, feed store etc. has been completed.
• Farm implements like mini tractor and loader, Bull exerciser, Bullock cart, milking machine, chaff cutter and a 15kv. Generator has been purchased.
• Data collection on production and reproduction is regularly done.
• 32 prospective bulls have been distributed.
• 2400 doses Gir Bull semen has been preserved.
• Frozen semen doses of three Indigenous Cattle breeds i. e. Tharparkar, Kankrej and Rathi are being preserved at the semen station.
• Four Gir Bull calves have been selected from the total male calves for future Breeding Bulls of the Project.
5. Technical Programme:
• Collection and freezing of the semen from the selected bulls would be carried out after complete analysis of semen for its quality and attributes for Ex-situ and In-situ use of superior Gir germplasm for up-grading the breed at both locations.
• Providing A.I. facilities with superior Gir semen through already established A.I. centers in Gir breeding tract under the Department of Animal Husbandry, Govt. of Raj. The department may establish more centers to fill the distance gaps.
• Grading up of germplasm in Gir native tract by distributing of superior bull calves/adult bulls produced by elite herd as per the policy to frame by the Govt. of Raj.
• Introduction of modern improved managemental practices at the research farm.
• Introduction of modern improved feeding practices at the research farm.
• Full exploitation of production and reproduction potential of the breed and its spread in the native tract.
• Data recording of the progeny produced by A. I. in the field area.
• Operation of the Open nucleus Breeding System by transferring superior animals from farm to Gir cattle breeders and Vice-versa
Outcome of the Project: Genetic Improvement.
Establishment of Centre for HRD in the Field of Veterinary Community of Southern Rajasthan at College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Navania, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.K. Nagda, Professor, Veterinary College, Navania
Establishment of State Level Feed and Fodder Analysis Laboratory for Quality Assurance in Feeding of Animals for Sustainable Animal Production in Rajasthan at Dept, of Animal Nutrition, College of Veterinary and Animal Science, Bikaner.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Rajesh Nehra
Establishment of Specialized Human Resource Development Centre of Veterinary & Animal Science at PGI-VER, Jaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Vishnu Sharma, Professor (Ani. Nutrition), PGIVER, Jaipur
Establishment of Microbiological and Biotechnological Information System Network (Bioinformatics and Chemo informatics) Centre for Exploring Interconnections of Molecular Biological Application in the Field of Veterinary and Animal Sciencees, CVAS, Bikaner.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. S. K. Kashyap, Professor (Microbiology), CVAS, Bikaner
Establishment of “Veterinary University Training and Research Centre” in Selected Districts of Rajasthan.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Trbibhuwan Sharma, Professor (Ani. Nutrition), CVAS, Bikaner
Progress of the Project
a) Addition/alteration & fabrication ofexisting lab near completion.
b) Work started in existing state of lab.
c) 484 sample of Feed & Fodder analysed.
Establishment of Live Demonstration Models of Diversified Livestock Production Systems for Motivating Adaption to Enhancing Agricultural Income at Bikaner (15) and Vallabhnagar Campuses.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Basant Bais, Professor LPM, CVAS, Bikaner
Increased Production of Green Fodder through Hydroponics Technology for Sustainable Livestock Production in Arid Rajasthan at Department of Animal Nutrition, CVAS, Bikaner.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.K. Dhuria
Capacity Building for Detection of newer Synthetic Ingredients, Highly Pathogenic Microbial Presence, Drug and Pesticides Residues, Pollutants etc. by Establishing high-end Milk Quality Testing Laboratory at the Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary Education and Research, Jaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Vishnu Sharma
Sewan Grass Development and Green Fodder Production with Fodder Conservation for Sustainable Livestock Production in Arid Region of Rajasthan at Livestock Research Station, Kodamdesar, Bikaner.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Vijay Kumar
Capacity Building for Animal Feed Technology, Quality and Productivity Enhancement at Post Graduate Institute of Veterinary Education and Research (PGIVER), Jaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Vishnu Sharma
Area Specific Mineral Mixture Supplementation for Enhancing the Production, Reproduction and Health Status of Cattle and Buffalo of the Semi- arid Eastern Plain of Rajasthan at (PGIVER), Jaipur.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. (Mrs.) Sheela Chaudhary
Demonstration and Dissemination of More Remunerative Sirohi Goat Farming System under National Mission on Protein Supplementation sub-stream of -Rashtriya Krishi Vikas Yojana (RKVY) at Livestock Research Station, Chittorgarh.
Principal/Investigator: Dr. M.C. Sharma
Teaching Veterinary Clinical Complecx, at Val;labhnagar
Principal/Investigator: Dr. S.K. Sharma
Establishment of Goat Breeding Farm for Demostration of dissemination of quality germplasm for remunerative goat farming system at Dholpur
Principal/Investigator: Dr. D.S. Meena
NEWS & UPDATES View All
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय केनाइन प्रैक्टिस पर तीन दिवसीय राष्ट्रीय वैज्ञानिक सम्मेलन हुआ सम्पन्न
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय केनाइन प्रैक्टिस पर तीन दिवसीय राष्ट्रीय वैज्ञानिक सम्मेलन शुरू
- प्रो. धूड़िया को जबलपुर (म.प्र.) में मिला फैलो सम्मान राष्ट्रीय पशु पोषण और पशु कल्याण अकादमी ने किया सम्मानित
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर के स्नातक द्वितीय वर्ष विद्यार्थी पाँच दिवसीय शैक्षणिक भ्रमण पर रवाना
- कुलपति, राजुवास का पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर भ्रमण।
- हिन्दी दिवस पर हुआ विभिन्न कार्यक्रमों का आयोजन
- गाढ़वाला में लम्पी रोग उपचार हेतु पशुचिकित्सा शिविर का हुआ आयोजन
- लम्पी एवं सामान्य पशुचिकित्सा शिविर का आयोजन
- आर.पी.वी.टी.-2022 का हुआ सफलतापूर्वक आयोजन परीक्षा में 82.8 प्रतिशत अभ्यर्थी रहे उपस्थित
- राजस्थान प्री-वेटरनरी टेस्ट-2022 रविवार को 10 बजे से सभी तैयारियां पूरी
- कुलसचिव, राजुवास का पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर भ्रमण
- प्रो. जे.एस. मेहता को अधिष्ठाता एवं संकाय अध्यक्ष और प्रो. हेमन्त दाधीच कोे कुलसचिव का अतिरिक्त प्रभार
- गाढ़वाला में हुआ कम्प्यूटर साक्षारता कार्यक्रम
- प्रबंध मण्डल की 27वीं बैठक सम्पन्न कृषि विज्ञान केन्द्र के विभिन्न पदों हेतु साक्षत्कार के परिणाम हुए घोषित
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर के छात्र संघ चुनाव – 2022 के परिणाम घोषित
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय छात्र संघ चुनाव-2022 परिणाम घोषित जयंत बिश्नोई बने अध्यक्षः कुलपति प्रो. गर्ग ने दिलायी शपथः कॉलेज छात्र संघ अध्यक्ष विरेन्द्र सिंह निर्वाचित
- छात्र संघ चुनाव हेतु मतदान शांतिपूर्वक सम्पन्न: 82.64 प्रतिशत मतदान हुआ
- छात्र संघ चुनाव के लिए मतदान शुक्रवार को प्रातः 10 बजे से 1 बजे तक
- सीमा सुरक्षा बल के जवानों की ऊँट रैली का वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय ने किया स्वागत
- कृषि विज्ञान केंद्र, नोहर के भवन का हुआ लोकार्पण नोहर, भादरा और रावतसर तहसील के कृषक होगे लाभान्वित: श्री अमित चाचाण, विधायक, नोहर
- Tender OGT-06 for Supply and installation of 40 kVA generator set
- Tender for Feed Ingredient, CFMMP, RAJUVAS
- Limited Tender for Cartridge, CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for Canteen at CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for Milk at LRS Chandan
- Bid for Multifunction Machines (MFM) at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Bid Transfer of technology, CFMMP, RAJUVAS
- UTM Financial Bid at CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for running of the canteen at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender NCC Breakfast at CVAS Navania, Udaipur
- Tender for Supply and Installation of Air Conditioners at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for Raw material for Cattle feed
- Tender for furniture items at Bassi, Jaipur
- Tender for Stationary articles
- Nilami suchna date extension
- Tender for Hatcher-Setter for poultry eggs at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for UTM Firewall
- Nilami Suchna, CVAS Bikaner
- Automatic Rotatory Microtome Motor Replacement at CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar
- Tender for cartridges
- Last date extension NIT UTM
- Construction of Gate and Balance work of Boundary wall
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plan under RKVY Project at LRS, Chandan Jaisalmer
- Construction of Boundary wall and other work at Nava(Nagour)
- Work order for Human resource
- Renovation Work in Sahds for Cattle feed plant at LRS Dag, Jhalawar
- Work Order of Mash Cattle Feed Plant
- Construction of Diggi and Interlocking work at KVK Nohar
- Construction of Boys Hostel PGIVER at Jaipur
- Construction of Girls Hostel at PGIVER Jaipur
- Reaming work of staff quarter PGIVER, Jaipur
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS, Nohar Hanumangarh
- Construction of VUTRC Building, at Jobner
- Daily Supply of water from Tubewells to Residential & Non Residential Quarters at RAJUVAS Campus, Bikaner
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS Kodamdesar
- Work order for Supply of Mash cattle feed plant with bagging section.
- Rate approved for kachara trolly
- Work Order to M/S M.S. Force for Security arrangement of college CVAS, Bikaner Campus (23 Hours)
- Supply Order to M/S Anmol Industries for poultry feed at CVAS, Bikaner
- Purchase Order for the supply of “Nano Quant plant for multimode microplate reader” to Bioscreen instrumrnt Pvt.Ltd.