AICRP on Genetic Improvement of Marwari Goats in Farmers’ Flocks, CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Urmila Pannu
All India Coordinated Research Project on Marwari Goat Improvement is functioning in the home tract of this breed in and around the Bikaner district of Rajasthan State at four field unit centers viz. Deshnoke, kalyansar, Moondsar and Raisar. The performance of Marwari goats of registered breeders were recorded on growth, milk yield, reproduction, health etc. for different stage of growth, Thee lite bucks true to the breed and having higher body weight were selecte damongst registered breeders and distributed to breedable does (registered) in the ratio of 1:30 (approximately) at different locations for improving meat productivity of goat in farmer’s flock. Multiple births will be preferred for single born kid in the selection of future bucks.The goat breeders were provided preventive and curative health coverage.
The average population growth was 68.32 % among the registered goats’ at all four field centers. The body weight at different stages of growth ranged from 2.77±0.25 to 3.03±0.17 kg (2.89±0.13) at birth, 13.75±7.47 to 15.44±4.98kg (14.43±2.58) for 3 month, 14.43±2.58 to 19.52±0.66kg (17.93±0.54) for 6 month,18.88±0.78 to 21.98±1.37 kg (20.86±0.69) for 9 month, 20.75±05.03 to 30.18±1.93 kg (24.82±1.87) for 12 month, 26.20±1.19 to 34.81±0.88 kg (31.92±0.87) for 18 month and 31.92±0.87 to 42.51±0.47 kg (38.31±0.59) for adult animals. Male kids wereheaver than female kids. The birth weight was significantly (P<0.05) influenced by sex of kid and weight of dam at kidding. Analysis of variance revealed the significant (P <0.05) effect of location on body weights and body measurement at all the stages of growth indicative that improvement in this trait is possible through management tools and use of elite sires for breeding. The influence of sex (P<0.05) on body weight and measurement were also observed after the attainment of sexual maturity due to sex hormone.
The average test day milk yield was 1.708±1.010 kg in first, 1.693±0.363 kg in second, 1.809±0.982 kg in third, 1.597±0.455 kg in fourth, 1.529±0.461 kg in fifth, 1.482±0.446 kg in sixth, 1.428±0.451 kg in seventh, 1.402±0.458 kg in eight and 1.132±0.532 kg in ninth test day. The first, second and third 30 days of lactation average milk yield was 52.12±.16.17, 46.09±11.58 kg and 39.64±12.39kg respectively. The cumulative milk yield was 52.118±16.18 kg for 30 days,98.22±24.18 kg for 90 days and 137.85± 32.51 kg for 90 days of lactation.
The reproductive performance of Marwari goats ranged from 278.25±16.25 to 305.41±9.92days (288.45±11.16 days) kidding interval and 74.92 Kidding percentage with 4.51% twinning. The improvement in reproductive performance was due to adaptation of scientific managemental practice by the goat breeder and proper care of animals during the prevalent famine conditions.
Around 16,628 entries were made in the treatment register under health coverage during this financial year. The registered goats were given prophylactic and curativetreatments for diseases due to various causes in the farmer’s flock. Besides,ecto-parasite (4456) and endo-parasite (2508)preventive and curative care treatments were done against mineral deficiencies(715), digestive problems (3493),respiratory problems (2567)miscellaneous diseases (1715), , skin or orthopedics problems (866) and reproductive problems (308). No definite pattern was observed for the disease causes across different age groups.
There has been a definite improvement in growth performance of Marwari goats. This improvement is due to distribution of selected elite sires in farmers’ flocks and effective health coverage. There has been an increase in interest among farmers to get their registered in the project, use improved elite sires and adopting scientific management of flock sand taking advantages from treatment and disease preventive services provided to them.
Amelioration of Livestock Infertility through Nutritional and Biotechnological Interventions, CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr J.S.Mehta, Professor & Head, Deptt. of Gynaercology
Network Project on National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA), RAJUVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr.V. K. Choudhary, Professor, Deptt. of LPM
All India Network Project on Haemorrhagic Septicaemia at CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. A. K. Kataria, Professor, Deptt. of Microbilogy
Network Project on Buffalo (Surti) Improvement at Livestock Research Station (LRS), Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
2. Principal/Investigator: Dr. Kuldeep Singh Nehra, Associate Professor, Deptt. of Animal Breeding & Genetics
1. Starting Date and Year: 01-04-2001
2. Objectives of the Project:
• To undertake genetic improvement and conservation of Surti buffaloes.
• To undertake work on physiology and behavioral aspects of buffalo for better management
3. Budget Allocated: 211.00 lacs (Five Years)
• A fully equipped frozen-semen lab functioning continually since inception, with more than 40,000 doses in store.
• More than 13,000 doses of Progeny tested Surti bulls.
• More than 4,200 Proven Sire semen doses available.
• VIII set of bulls under training.
• Milk Yield (305 days) improved to average 1600 kg, with peak yield of 11 kg. Wet
Average and Herd Average maintained at 6.0 and 4.0 respectively with average Fat
Percentage of 8(%).
• Growth rate improvement of heifers resulting in 14% increase in AFC weight.
• At the same time the age at first calving reduced by 8.6%.
• Other parameters of reproductive efficiency have also improved viz. Service Period
(50%), Dry Period (46%) and Calving Interval (22%).
• Spread in more than 30 villages of two tehsils of Udaipur district, field unit comprises seven field centers with more than 4400 registrations.
• A total of 2265 Female Progeny received from 7160 conceptions.
• Conception rate improved from 21% to 34%, in field conditions.
• Complete Recording of more than 200 Female Progenies with more than 550 Live Female Progeny available for recording.
5. Outcome of the Project: Breed Improvement
• Sire Testing carried out in more than 4400 registered Surti animals of 30 villages of Udaipur District; benefiting more than 800 households in process.
• Over 24,400 Artificial Inseminations performed in the farmers’ herd.
• Complete Sire evaluation of four sets of Test-Bulls.
• Six elite Surti Bulls ranked as Proven Bulls identified.
• Seventh Set of Test-Bull in collection.
AICRP on Genetic Improvement of Sirohi Goats in Farmers’ Flocks at LRS, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
2. Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.K. Nagda
1. Starting Date and Year: 1st January, 2001
2. Objectives of the Project:
• To assess the production performance of goat breeds in farmers flocks under village management system and improve the germplasm through selection.
• To evaluate the socio-economic status of goat breeders and the economics of goat production in farmers flocks.
• To disseminate the pro-poor goat based technologies under filed conditions and assessment of their impact on goat production.
3. Budget Allocated: 187.01 lacs (Five Years)
• The genetic parameters for growth, lactation and reproductive traits were estimated.
• Total 35 breeding bucks were distributed to registered farmers during the report period for further genetic improvement in the field.
• The total female strength of the project is 1125.
• The overall population growth was 84.09%.
• Since inception of AICRP a total of 713, 1240, 732, 965, 2428, 591and 190 kids were born in Ist, IInd , IIIrd , IVth , Vth , VIth , and VIIth generation, respectively.
• Period, sex and type of birth had significant effect on body weight.
• Male and single born kids were significantly heavier than female and multiple born kids.
• The overall average lactation yield and lactation length was 103.99±3.93 lit. and 150.75±0.39 days, respectively.
• Season of kidding has significant effect on milk yield.
• The heritability of lactation length was moderate.
• The age at first mating and first kidding has decreased over last year.
• Weight at first matting and first kidding were increased over previous year and recorded as 27.54±0.30 and 30.61±0.28 kg, respectively.
• 68.61 and 101.68 per cent breeding efficiency were observed on basis of does available and does kidded, respectively during report period.
• Kidding rate (1.23) was observed during the report period
• The absolute selection differential of 4.89 kg for 3 months body weight and 9.75 lit for 90 days milk yield were observed for future VIIth set of bucks.
• The overall mortality was 1.63 %.
• During report period deworming of 2245 animals, ecto-parasiticide dipping 1602, ET vaccination 1220 and PPR vaccination of 710 animals was done.
• The major diseases observed in the registered animals were enteritis and pneumonia.
Mega Sheep Seed Project (Sonadi) at Livestock Research Station, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
Principal/Investigator: S.K. Jhirwal
Nutritional and Physiological Approaches for Enhancing Reproduction Performance in Cattal and Buffaloes at CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. J.S. Mehta
ICAR Projects Under Tribal Sub Plan (TSP)
Establishment of Advanced Training Centre in the field of Animal Husbandry, CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
Establishment of Mobile Ambulatory & Mobile Diagnostic Services for Tribal Area in Southern Districts of Rajasthan, CVAS, Navania. Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
Production and Dissemination of Preservation Technologies of Important Fodder to Youth and Farm Women of Tribal Area of Southern Rajasthan, CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
NEWS & UPDATES View All
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय द्वारा तिरंगा रैली का आयोजन
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय लम्पी रोग ग्रस्त गायों को खिलाया राजुवास इम्यूनो बूस्टर मिश्रण
- गाढ़वाला में पशु जन्य रोग जागरूकता कार्यक्रम का आयोजन
- लम्पी स्किन रोग के निंयत्रण हेतु विश्वविद्यालय के प्रयास जारी
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय छोटे पालतु पशुओं पर राष्ट्र स्तरीय आर्थोपेडिक प्रशिक्षण संपन्न
- राज्यपाल ने बीकानेर के चारों विश्वविद्यालयों के कुलपतियों के साथ बैठक की
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय राजस्थान पशु चिकित्सा और पशु विज्ञान विश्वविद्यालय, बीकानेर में संविधान पार्क का लोकार्पण
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय राज्यपाल कलराज मिश्र करेंगे राजुवास में संविधान पार्क का लोकार्पण
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय छोटे पालतु पशुओं में प्लेटिंग एवं पिनींग तकनीक द्वारा फ्रेक्चर प्रबन्धन पशु चिकित्सकों का प्रशिक्षण शुरू
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय कुलपति प्रो. सतीश के. गर्ग ने किया एनाटॉमी की अन्तर्राष्ट्रीय कांफ्रेंस की वेबसाईट का लोकार्पण
- वर्ल्ड जूनोसिस डे मनाया नवानियां, उदयपुर
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय श्वानों में रेबीज वैक्सीनेशन शिविर बुधवार को
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय आठवीं प्रसार शिक्षा परिषद् की बैठक का आयोजन पशुपालकों के लिए उद्यमिता प्रेरक प्रशिक्षण आयोजित किये जाये: कुलपति प्रो. गर्ग
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय गांव गाढ़वाला में जल संरक्षण जागरूकता रैली का आयोजन
- पशुपालको के लिए एक दिवसीय प्रशिक्षण का आयोजन
- एनसीसी आवेदन हेतु महाविद्यालय विद्यार्थियों ने नामांकन भरा।
- कुलपति, राजुवास का पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर दौरा
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय पशु रोग निदान पर पांच दिवसीय प्रशिक्षण कार्यक्रम सम्पन्न
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय डॉ. झीरवाल बने राजस्थान राज्य पशुचिकित्सा परिषद् के सदस्य
- वेटरनरी कॉलेज नवानियां ने अन्तर्राष्ट्रीय योग दिवस मनाया।
- Tender for Hatcher-Setter for poultry eggs at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for UTM Firewall
- Nilami Suchna, CVAS Bikaner
- Automatic Rotatory Microtome Motor Replacement at CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar
- Tender for cartridges
- Limited Tender for Metal Beds for Hostel, PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for Molasses for cattle feed supply
- Tender for work of manufacturing of concentrate and mineral mixture per quintal
- Tender for mineral mixture supply
- Tender for Feed Ingredient supply
- Tender for Agriculture land for contract framing at LRS, Kodamdesar
- Auction of animal at LRS dag, Jhalawar
- Tender for Tharparkar at LRS Beechwal
- Tender for Guar crop at LRS Beechwal
- Limited tender for Molasses
- Tender for supply and installation of AC
- Single Source Annual Maintenance Contract of Microscope Trinoculor at Mansarovar Campus Jaipur
- Tender for installation of Air Conditioners at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for Construction at Bikaner
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय विश्व जूनोसिस दिवस के अवसर पर हुआ रेबीज वैक्सीनेशन शिविर का आयोजन
- Last date extension NIT UTM
- Construction of Gate and Balance work of Boundary wall
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plan under RKVY Project at LRS, Chandan Jaisalmer
- Construction of Boundary wall and other work at Nava(Nagour)
- Work order for Human resource
- Renovation Work in Sahds for Cattle feed plant at LRS Dag, Jhalawar
- Work Order of Mash Cattle Feed Plant
- Construction of Diggi and Interlocking work at KVK Nohar
- Construction of Boys Hostel PGIVER at Jaipur
- Construction of Girls Hostel at PGIVER Jaipur
- Reaming work of staff quarter PGIVER, Jaipur
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS, Nohar Hanumangarh
- Construction of VUTRC Building, at Jobner
- Daily Supply of water from Tubewells to Residential & Non Residential Quarters at RAJUVAS Campus, Bikaner
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS Kodamdesar
- Work order for Supply of Mash cattle feed plant with bagging section.
- Rate approved for kachara trolly
- Work Order to M/S M.S. Force for Security arrangement of college CVAS, Bikaner Campus (23 Hours)
- Supply Order to M/S Anmol Industries for poultry feed at CVAS, Bikaner
- Purchase Order for the supply of “Nano Quant plant for multimode microplate reader” to Bioscreen instrumrnt Pvt.Ltd.