AICRP on Genetic Improvement of Marwari Goats in Farmers’ Flocks, CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. Urmila Pannu
All India Coordinated Research Project on Marwari Goat Improvement is functioning in the home tract of this breed in and around the Bikaner district of Rajasthan State at four field unit centers viz. Deshnoke, kalyansar, Moondsar and Raisar. The performance of Marwari goats of registered breeders were recorded on growth, milk yield, reproduction, health etc. for different stage of growth, Thee lite bucks true to the breed and having higher body weight were selecte damongst registered breeders and distributed to breedable does (registered) in the ratio of 1:30 (approximately) at different locations for improving meat productivity of goat in farmer’s flock. Multiple births will be preferred for single born kid in the selection of future bucks.The goat breeders were provided preventive and curative health coverage.
The average population growth was 68.32 % among the registered goats’ at all four field centers. The body weight at different stages of growth ranged from 2.77±0.25 to 3.03±0.17 kg (2.89±0.13) at birth, 13.75±7.47 to 15.44±4.98kg (14.43±2.58) for 3 month, 14.43±2.58 to 19.52±0.66kg (17.93±0.54) for 6 month,18.88±0.78 to 21.98±1.37 kg (20.86±0.69) for 9 month, 20.75±05.03 to 30.18±1.93 kg (24.82±1.87) for 12 month, 26.20±1.19 to 34.81±0.88 kg (31.92±0.87) for 18 month and 31.92±0.87 to 42.51±0.47 kg (38.31±0.59) for adult animals. Male kids wereheaver than female kids. The birth weight was significantly (P<0.05) influenced by sex of kid and weight of dam at kidding. Analysis of variance revealed the significant (P <0.05) effect of location on body weights and body measurement at all the stages of growth indicative that improvement in this trait is possible through management tools and use of elite sires for breeding. The influence of sex (P<0.05) on body weight and measurement were also observed after the attainment of sexual maturity due to sex hormone.
The average test day milk yield was 1.708±1.010 kg in first, 1.693±0.363 kg in second, 1.809±0.982 kg in third, 1.597±0.455 kg in fourth, 1.529±0.461 kg in fifth, 1.482±0.446 kg in sixth, 1.428±0.451 kg in seventh, 1.402±0.458 kg in eight and 1.132±0.532 kg in ninth test day. The first, second and third 30 days of lactation average milk yield was 52.12±.16.17, 46.09±11.58 kg and 39.64±12.39kg respectively. The cumulative milk yield was 52.118±16.18 kg for 30 days,98.22±24.18 kg for 90 days and 137.85± 32.51 kg for 90 days of lactation.
The reproductive performance of Marwari goats ranged from 278.25±16.25 to 305.41±9.92days (288.45±11.16 days) kidding interval and 74.92 Kidding percentage with 4.51% twinning. The improvement in reproductive performance was due to adaptation of scientific managemental practice by the goat breeder and proper care of animals during the prevalent famine conditions.
Around 16,628 entries were made in the treatment register under health coverage during this financial year. The registered goats were given prophylactic and curativetreatments for diseases due to various causes in the farmer’s flock. Besides,ecto-parasite (4456) and endo-parasite (2508)preventive and curative care treatments were done against mineral deficiencies(715), digestive problems (3493),respiratory problems (2567)miscellaneous diseases (1715), , skin or orthopedics problems (866) and reproductive problems (308). No definite pattern was observed for the disease causes across different age groups.
There has been a definite improvement in growth performance of Marwari goats. This improvement is due to distribution of selected elite sires in farmers’ flocks and effective health coverage. There has been an increase in interest among farmers to get their registered in the project, use improved elite sires and adopting scientific management of flock sand taking advantages from treatment and disease preventive services provided to them.
Amelioration of Livestock Infertility through Nutritional and Biotechnological Interventions, CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr J.S.Mehta, Professor & Head, Deptt. of Gynaercology
Network Project on National Initiative on Climate Resilient Agriculture (NICRA), RAJUVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr.V. K. Choudhary, Professor, Deptt. of LPM
All India Network Project on Haemorrhagic Septicaemia at CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. A. K. Kataria, Professor, Deptt. of Microbilogy
Network Project on Buffalo (Surti) Improvement at Livestock Research Station (LRS), Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
2. Principal/Investigator: Dr. Kuldeep Singh Nehra, Associate Professor, Deptt. of Animal Breeding & Genetics
1. Starting Date and Year: 01-04-2001
2. Objectives of the Project:
• To undertake genetic improvement and conservation of Surti buffaloes.
• To undertake work on physiology and behavioral aspects of buffalo for better management
3. Budget Allocated: 211.00 lacs (Five Years)
• A fully equipped frozen-semen lab functioning continually since inception, with more than 40,000 doses in store.
• More than 13,000 doses of Progeny tested Surti bulls.
• More than 4,200 Proven Sire semen doses available.
• VIII set of bulls under training.
• Milk Yield (305 days) improved to average 1600 kg, with peak yield of 11 kg. Wet
Average and Herd Average maintained at 6.0 and 4.0 respectively with average Fat
Percentage of 8(%).
• Growth rate improvement of heifers resulting in 14% increase in AFC weight.
• At the same time the age at first calving reduced by 8.6%.
• Other parameters of reproductive efficiency have also improved viz. Service Period
(50%), Dry Period (46%) and Calving Interval (22%).
• Spread in more than 30 villages of two tehsils of Udaipur district, field unit comprises seven field centers with more than 4400 registrations.
• A total of 2265 Female Progeny received from 7160 conceptions.
• Conception rate improved from 21% to 34%, in field conditions.
• Complete Recording of more than 200 Female Progenies with more than 550 Live Female Progeny available for recording.
5. Outcome of the Project: Breed Improvement
• Sire Testing carried out in more than 4400 registered Surti animals of 30 villages of Udaipur District; benefiting more than 800 households in process.
• Over 24,400 Artificial Inseminations performed in the farmers’ herd.
• Complete Sire evaluation of four sets of Test-Bulls.
• Six elite Surti Bulls ranked as Proven Bulls identified.
• Seventh Set of Test-Bull in collection.
AICRP on Genetic Improvement of Sirohi Goats in Farmers’ Flocks at LRS, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
2. Principal/Investigator: Dr. R.K. Nagda
1. Starting Date and Year: 1st January, 2001
2. Objectives of the Project:
• To assess the production performance of goat breeds in farmers flocks under village management system and improve the germplasm through selection.
• To evaluate the socio-economic status of goat breeders and the economics of goat production in farmers flocks.
• To disseminate the pro-poor goat based technologies under filed conditions and assessment of their impact on goat production.
3. Budget Allocated: 187.01 lacs (Five Years)
• The genetic parameters for growth, lactation and reproductive traits were estimated.
• Total 35 breeding bucks were distributed to registered farmers during the report period for further genetic improvement in the field.
• The total female strength of the project is 1125.
• The overall population growth was 84.09%.
• Since inception of AICRP a total of 713, 1240, 732, 965, 2428, 591and 190 kids were born in Ist, IInd , IIIrd , IVth , Vth , VIth , and VIIth generation, respectively.
• Period, sex and type of birth had significant effect on body weight.
• Male and single born kids were significantly heavier than female and multiple born kids.
• The overall average lactation yield and lactation length was 103.99±3.93 lit. and 150.75±0.39 days, respectively.
• Season of kidding has significant effect on milk yield.
• The heritability of lactation length was moderate.
• The age at first mating and first kidding has decreased over last year.
• Weight at first matting and first kidding were increased over previous year and recorded as 27.54±0.30 and 30.61±0.28 kg, respectively.
• 68.61 and 101.68 per cent breeding efficiency were observed on basis of does available and does kidded, respectively during report period.
• Kidding rate (1.23) was observed during the report period
• The absolute selection differential of 4.89 kg for 3 months body weight and 9.75 lit for 90 days milk yield were observed for future VIIth set of bucks.
• The overall mortality was 1.63 %.
• During report period deworming of 2245 animals, ecto-parasiticide dipping 1602, ET vaccination 1220 and PPR vaccination of 710 animals was done.
• The major diseases observed in the registered animals were enteritis and pneumonia.
Mega Sheep Seed Project (Sonadi) at Livestock Research Station, Vallabhnagar, Udaipur
Principal/Investigator: S.K. Jhirwal
Nutritional and Physiological Approaches for Enhancing Reproduction Performance in Cattal and Buffaloes at CVAS, Bikaner
Principal/Investigator: Dr. J.S. Mehta
ICAR Projects Under Tribal Sub Plan (TSP)
Establishment of Advanced Training Centre in the field of Animal Husbandry, CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
Establishment of Mobile Ambulatory & Mobile Diagnostic Services for Tribal Area in Southern Districts of Rajasthan, CVAS, Navania. Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
Production and Dissemination of Preservation Technologies of Important Fodder to Youth and Farm Women of Tribal Area of Southern Rajasthan, CVAS, Navania, Vallabhnagar (Udaipur).
NEWS & UPDATES View All
- विश्व रेबीज दिवस के अवसर पर पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर में सेमिनार व टीकाकरण शिविर का आयोजन
- पशु जैव चिकित्सा अपशिष्ट निस्तारण एवं प्रौद्योगिकी केंद्र द्वारा रेबीज जागरूकता कार्यक्रम का आयोजन डी.पी.एस. के बच्चों ने ली रेबीज रोग की जानकारी
- श्वानो में रेबीज निरोधक टीकाकरण शिविर का आयोजन 32 श्वानों का किया रेबीज निरोधक टीकाकरण
- आर.पी.वी.टी. 2022 का परीक्षा परिणाम घोषित मेरिट में राकेश चौधरी एवं प्रवीण कुमार रहे प्रथम स्थान पर
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय केनाइन प्रैक्टिस पर तीन दिवसीय राष्ट्रीय वैज्ञानिक सम्मेलन हुआ सम्पन्न
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय केनाइन प्रैक्टिस पर तीन दिवसीय राष्ट्रीय वैज्ञानिक सम्मेलन शुरू
- प्रो. धूड़िया को जबलपुर (म.प्र.) में मिला फैलो सम्मान राष्ट्रीय पशु पोषण और पशु कल्याण अकादमी ने किया सम्मानित
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर के स्नातक द्वितीय वर्ष विद्यार्थी पाँच दिवसीय शैक्षणिक भ्रमण पर रवाना
- कुलपति, राजुवास का पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर भ्रमण।
- हिन्दी दिवस पर हुआ विभिन्न कार्यक्रमों का आयोजन
- गाढ़वाला में लम्पी रोग उपचार हेतु पशुचिकित्सा शिविर का हुआ आयोजन
- लम्पी एवं सामान्य पशुचिकित्सा शिविर का आयोजन
- आर.पी.वी.टी.-2022 का हुआ सफलतापूर्वक आयोजन परीक्षा में 82.8 प्रतिशत अभ्यर्थी रहे उपस्थित
- राजस्थान प्री-वेटरनरी टेस्ट-2022 रविवार को 10 बजे से सभी तैयारियां पूरी
- कुलसचिव, राजुवास का पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर भ्रमण
- प्रो. जे.एस. मेहता को अधिष्ठाता एवं संकाय अध्यक्ष और प्रो. हेमन्त दाधीच कोे कुलसचिव का अतिरिक्त प्रभार
- गाढ़वाला में हुआ कम्प्यूटर साक्षारता कार्यक्रम
- प्रबंध मण्डल की 27वीं बैठक सम्पन्न कृषि विज्ञान केन्द्र के विभिन्न पदों हेतु साक्षत्कार के परिणाम हुए घोषित
- पी.जी.आई.वी.ई.आर., जयपुर के छात्र संघ चुनाव – 2022 के परिणाम घोषित
- वेटरनरी विश्वविद्यालय छात्र संघ चुनाव-2022 परिणाम घोषित जयंत बिश्नोई बने अध्यक्षः कुलपति प्रो. गर्ग ने दिलायी शपथः कॉलेज छात्र संघ अध्यक्ष विरेन्द्र सिंह निर्वाचित
- Tender for Feed Ingradients at LRS Vallabhnagar
- Tender for Construction work at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for Construction work at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Limited Tender for General items at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Tender OGT-06 for Supply and installation of 40 kVA generator set
- Tender for Feed Ingredient, CFMMP, RAJUVAS
- Limited Tender for Cartridge, CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for Canteen at CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for Milk at LRS Chandan
- Bid for Multifunction Machines (MFM) at RAJUVAS, Bikaner
- Bid Transfer of technology, CFMMP, RAJUVAS
- UTM Financial Bid at CVAS, Bikaner
- Tender for running of the canteen at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender NCC Breakfast at CVAS Navania, Udaipur
- Tender for Supply and Installation of Air Conditioners at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Tender for Raw material for Cattle feed
- Tender for furniture items at Bassi, Jaipur
- Tender for Stationary articles
- Nilami suchna date extension
- Tender for Hatcher-Setter for poultry eggs at PGIVER, Jaipur
- Last date extension NIT UTM
- Construction of Gate and Balance work of Boundary wall
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plan under RKVY Project at LRS, Chandan Jaisalmer
- Construction of Boundary wall and other work at Nava(Nagour)
- Work order for Human resource
- Renovation Work in Sahds for Cattle feed plant at LRS Dag, Jhalawar
- Work Order of Mash Cattle Feed Plant
- Construction of Diggi and Interlocking work at KVK Nohar
- Construction of Boys Hostel PGIVER at Jaipur
- Construction of Girls Hostel at PGIVER Jaipur
- Reaming work of staff quarter PGIVER, Jaipur
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS, Nohar Hanumangarh
- Construction of VUTRC Building, at Jobner
- Daily Supply of water from Tubewells to Residential & Non Residential Quarters at RAJUVAS Campus, Bikaner
- Construction of Mineral Mixture Plant under RKVY Project at LRS Kodamdesar
- Work order for Supply of Mash cattle feed plant with bagging section.
- Rate approved for kachara trolly
- Work Order to M/S M.S. Force for Security arrangement of college CVAS, Bikaner Campus (23 Hours)
- Supply Order to M/S Anmol Industries for poultry feed at CVAS, Bikaner
- Purchase Order for the supply of “Nano Quant plant for multimode microplate reader” to Bioscreen instrumrnt Pvt.Ltd.