Research Technology Developed
The following significant research achievements are to the credit of this University:
- Inter-dental wiring technique of repairing mandible fractures in camels.
- Management of camels diseases particularly trypanosomiasis, mange and gastrointestinal disease.
- Renal physiology of camels.
- Improved Germ plasm of Rathi, Tharparkar, Kankrej, Sahiwal and Gir cattle, Magra sheep, Marwari goat.
- Small farm production technology for indigenous poultry breeds.
- Time since death estimated by vitrous humour analysis.
- Diagnosis of sub-clinical mastitis.
- DNA finger printing of various livestock species including camels.
- Adaptability of White Leghorn to arid region.
- Metabolic disorders of livestock.
- Ultrasound diagnosis of clinical and surgical disorders.
- Ruminant surgery.
- Nutritive value of indigenous feed and fodder resources of arid region.
- Complete feed block technology.
- Weather based forecasting of animal disease (since April, 2004}.
- Microelement status and deficiency disorders.
- Diagnosis and treatment of cutaneous leishmaniasis in dogs and human being.
- Diagnosis of hydatid cysts, brucellosis etc. in animals and human beings.